Very Denniee Nails :): 12. Ulta Glitterati - Hide and Go Sequins

Saturday, February 11, 2012

12. Ulta Glitterati - Hide and Go Sequins

Hide and Go Sequins looks like it's a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Across the Universe.  Me, being a poor college student, saw this polish in a mini set at Ulta and immediately bought it.  I'm so glad I did!  This polish is a dark blue jelly containing large green, blue, and silver hex glitter.  There are also smaller blue hex glitters as well.  I really love how this polish looks on the nail.  It's dark, but the squishy appearance of the jelly base softens how dark it really is.  And the jelly base also gives the polish depth.  It's absolutely amazing to look at!

Application was decent on these.  Coats one and two were kind of uneven, but three evened out the color.  However, I like my polish a little more opaque, so I added a forth coat.  Four coats is a little bit much for me, but luckily the polish dried pretty fast.  I think the end result was worth it :)  The polish is fairly easy to work with.  At first, the glitters tended to clump together, but after coat 2, the glitters spread pretty well.  The formula is just the right consistency; a great break from the watery formula of the SHs.





Look how squishy they all look!  aaaaaaahhhhh <3  So lovely~  These pictures are a little bit lighter than what the polish usually looks like on the nail

Seeing how Hide and Go Sequins looks on my nail makes me want to buy DL Across the Universe, but it'll have to wait.  However, if Ulta had a regular-sized bottle of Hide and Go Sequins, I would definitely be satisfied buying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)