Very Denniee Nails :): 1: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - 94 Black Diamond

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - 94 Black Diamond

The first polish I'll be writing about is Black Diamond from SH's Diamond Strength line.  Black Diamond is a black polish with little glass fleck particles/shimmer.  In dim/yellow lighting, the shimmer becomes more apparent, flashing between teal and purple.  It's really pretty in real life; these pictures don't do the polish justice.  Formula's a bit runny, leading to some cuticle flooding upon application; nothing that cleanup can't fix.  Application was decent, being sheer and streaky on the first coat, evening out on the second, and reaching almost full opacity on the third.  Black Diamond could probably use a fourth coat, but three coats already kind of tests my patiences when it comes to manicures.  With shorter nails, you could probably get away with three coats, but on longer nails, there will be VNL if light shines anywhere underneath your tips.


Check out the amount of shimmer that appears in this!


I think the teal and purple shows in this pic.  Enlarge to see!



Random fact: My netbook's color actually matches with this exact nail polish.  From the shade of black, to the iridescent shimmer, to the random flashes of teal and purple.  LOVE!



I feel like the polish impressed more in the bottle than on the nail.  However, the polish does have its moments where it's absolutely breath-taking.  I love shimmers :)

I bought this polish on clearance at Walgreens for about $3.  I believe they were getting rid of the old bottles to make room for the new ones.  Although if you ask me, the old bottles look WAY better.  I get what they're trying to do, making the bottles look more gem-like, but it looks awkward IMO.

I apologize for the sub-par lighting and pictures, but this is the best I have until I can construct my own light box :\ (and eventually get a better camera :3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)