Very Denniee Nails :): 6. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Lavender Pearl

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

6. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Lavender Pearl

Lavender Pearl is a strong metallic duochrome that flashes between lavender and teal/green.  It's a really cool looking polish, yet it's really sheer.  I initially intended to swatch it alone, but realized it was too sheer, so I layered 2 coats of Lavender Pearl over 2 coats of WnW Black Creme.  This way, you guys can see the duochrome more clearly.

Lavender Pearl is very brush-strokey, so you have to be careful applying it.  I can't really say much for the formula, since my bottle is well over 5 years old.  Mine is really gloopy, but nothing some polish thinner can't fix! :)  What I've noticed about the Nail Prisms line is that they are very slow to dry.  Even with a coat of Seche Vite, I've managed to smudge my nails 5 hours later! D:



I don't think you can get this polish anymore through normal means since the entire collection has been discontinued for a while, but I believe Wet n' Wild has a similar polish called Grey's Anatomy.  Not sure how close it actually is to this polish, but it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)