Very Denniee Nails :): 81. Orly - Royal Navy

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

81. Orly - Royal Navy

STILL NOT PART OF THE CHALLENGE.  I know, I'm procrastinating, but life's still pretty busy, even though it's summer.  I'm taking a class, working a part-time job, and researching in a chem lab, essentially working 8 hours a day.  Bear with me though!  I'll make it worth your while :)

Royal Navy is a gorgeous royal blue jelly with a bright blue shimmer.  I first heard about it from Kittytokaren at Polish or Perish, and once I saw the swatch, I knew I had to have it.  It's quite a curious polish, since it could either be a plain jelly or a shimmery jelly.  By that, I mean that the shimmer settles quite a bit, so if you let it settle all the way, the polish will come out as a plain jelly.  However if you shake it (a lot), the shimmer comes into play.  Quite gorgeous either way.

Rich, gorgeous color!

Application was wonderful on this polish.  Here shown is 3 coats, since the polish is a little on the sheer side.  It was quite easy to apply, with very little clean up needed.  Wear time is excellent; I've had this polish on since Wednesday, and I'm still wearing it as I write this post (Tuesday).  There is only tipwear at this point, no chips.  Since Wednesday, I've gone through my daily routines normally, except for Sunday, which was race day.  Dragonboat races usually mean I have my hands soaked in salt water half the day, so the fact that this polish didn't chip was quite the achievement!  I actually have a lot of pictures I like from this polish, so there are more pictures after the jump!



Check out that shimmer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)