Very Denniee Nails :): 48. Essie - Shine of the Times

Friday, May 4, 2012

48. Essie - Shine of the Times

Essie Shine of the Times is one of the Luxeffect polishes that came out last holiday season.  There was such a big rush to grab these too!  I have no idea if they are LE, but I got a back-up bottle anyways, just because I love this polish so much!  Over a dark color (here, Zoya Valerie), more of the red/orange/green multichrome shows up on the nails.


 This combination actually reminds me a lot of OPI's Merry Midnight, but with a green flash.  I guess I don't really have to lust after it anymore :)


However, over a lighter polish (here, China Glaze Snow), there is more of a purple/blue/pink effect, with just a tiny flash of yellow.  I couldn't get these colors to show in my pictures, but the effect is nice and delicate in real life.  It reminds me of fairies :)

The flaky coverage on these is very dense, but using a thinner coat can make the coverage a bit thinner, if that's the look you want.  The formula on this is on the thick side, but I suspect that is to suspend the flakie particles better (so they don't sink to the bottom).  Despite the thick formula, there was absolutely no problem with application, so there is no need to be afraid! :D

Obviously, with such a gorgeous polish, I couldn't choose just 2 pictures, so there is (A LOT) more pictures after the cut! :D













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)