Very Denniee Nails :): Acetone Problems

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Acetone Problems

Hey guys!   So last week, I accidentally dropped my cleanup brush (an eyeliner brush) in my bottle of acetone.  D'oh!  Since I just finished doing my nails, I didn't want to fish it out right away, so I told myself that I'd get it out later.  Me, being my typical forgetful self, forgot that the brush was in there and didn't remember until 3 days later.  I looked at the acetone bottle and saw this:


Look at that, pure black!  I shook the bottle, and I didn't hear anything solid inside.  This is what was supposed to be inside (I bought the same exact brush again, because I really like the control this one gives me over my clean-up):
(ew...pchem hw)

The acetone melted my brush!  Completely gone....  Ladies and gentlemen: presenting to you the destructive potency of acetone.  Yay chemicals!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! :O I cannot believe that! What was it made of??

    What brand/type of brush is that, by the way? It looks like it would be great for cleanup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea! I was quite sad because it rendered my acetone useless after that, and it was a really nice brush for cleanups. It's a generic eyeliner brush from Target; it only cost me 3 bucks or so :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)