Very Denniee Nails :): 105. Essence - Walk on the Wild Side

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

105. Essence - Walk on the Wild Side

I may not have a Halloween mani (my Halloween's been pretty lackluster and depressing this year), but the least I can give everyone is a little swatch :)

Walk on the Wild Side is dusty dark olive green with gold and green shimmer.  This is one of the new Essence colors, and let me say that I absolutely love this color!  It comes to life in the sun, and the colors are just so warm and earthy (I've grown very fond of earth tones in the last half year).  I would say that this is a perfect fall color, muted but at the same time, vibrant...if that makes any sense.


This post is kinda pic-heavy, so read more after the jump!


Formula of the polish was good and covered in two coats.  It dries darker on the nail than in the bottle.  I don't like this new brush Essence has.  It kind of reminds me of those Sally Hansen Complete Salon polishes, in that the brush is wide and rounded.  The Essence brush is smaller, but has a similar shape.  Some like this brush for application, but I'm not a huge fan.  I think my cuticles are not quite rounded enough for this brush to apply polish neatly :P




Thinking about it, this color reminds me of both Zoya Yara and Revlon Rainforest.  However, looking at them in the bottles side-by-side, you can easily tell they are different.  Rainforest is more of a dark true green with green shimmer, whereas Yara is an olive green with gold shimmer.  They all have a similar look, but are obviously not dupes of any kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)