Very Denniee Nails :): Pastel Spun Sugar

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pastel Spun Sugar

I've been seeing this mani around a lot lately, and decided to try it out for myself!  I really like how this turned out appearance-wise, but I'm not digging the bumpy feeling on my nails.  The flashes of color keep the black nail polish from looking too goth.

To do this, first paint a base layer of black.  Hassid is my go-to black since it's a one-coater and it's so easy to work with.  After that, I put a few drops of polish down onto a clean piece of plastic.  Stir the polish (using a toothpick or dotting tool) to make it dry faster.  After it has dried a bit, start dabbing at the polish with your dotting tool, pulling up.  When the polish starts getting stringy, drag the string of polish across your nail in horizontal lines.  Do this with each nail until you're done!



I wouldn't recommend topcoat with this mani.  I tried using topcoat with the first nail I did, and the whole nails smeared miserably.  So sad.  So leave the mani un-top-coated.  Wear time suffers a bit because of this, but it's unavoidable.

I do like how this mani looks, but it's extremely messy and time-consuming.  I took 2-3 hours to finish all my nails!  Not to mention that the stringy polish chips off when you do regular things (like wash dishes, etc).  I guess I'll save this one for a special occasion.

Colors Used:
AA Hassid
Zoya Shelby
China Glaze Bahamian Escape
Essie Navigate Her
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
AA L'Espirit

1 comment:

  1. That has a really neat look to it but yeah, that does look like it would take a lot of work!

    I'm kind of lazy so I think if I wanted to do anything particularly fancy I'd only do it on an accent nail, lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)