Very Denniee Nails :): 52WC: Week 1 - Taping (Autumnal Triangles)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

52WC: Week 1 - Taping (Autumnal Triangles)

Hey guys!  I've decided that I'm probably not going to finish the 31 day challenge, just because as a student, my schedule is sometimes unpredictable and I don't have time to do intricate nail art everyday.  However, I felt like doing something special today (it's my birthday!), and I've had the 52 week challenge (from RedditLaqueristas) on my mind.  One special mani a week seems way more achievable, and I know I'm a little late on week 1, but here it is (better late than never): taping!


This mani recreates my Tropical Triangles, which was inspired by Sophie at MyAwesomeBeauty.  I really liked the look of that manicure, but it's a little late in the season for all those bright colors.  So I decided to switch it up, using the dusty shades from Zoya's Designer collection (which I absolutely love, by the way).  I've got to say, these colors look gorgeous together!

As a base, I used Fergie's Grammy Gold.  I taped over that with striping tape and then painted Monica, Natty, and then Evvie in the appropriate region of my nail.  When I took the tape off, a funny thing happened: the red from the striping tape bled off onto the gold base.  I guess it was from the rubbing alcohol that drowned all my tape when I was moving (I had all my nail art supplies in one box).  Most of my tape was ruined from the rubbing alcohol, but I thought this one looked okay.  I guess the color wasn't completely set. Luckily, I think the red compliments this manicure and adds even more of a Fall look to this mani.

This manicure was much easier this time around, mostly due to the opacity of the polishes I used.  The ones from the tropical version were much more sheer.  I love how this mani looks, so I'm gonna be sad when I remove it later this week (I'm hoping to catch up on the 52 week challenge) to do the next challenge.  Keep your eyes peeled!

Polishes Used:
Fergie - Grammy Gold
Zoya - Natty
Zoya - Monica
Zoya - Evvie


1 comment:

  1. The red does work, oddly enough! Really great mani, it came out very neatly!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)