Very Denniee Nails :): Inspired by a Sunset

Monday, October 8, 2012

Inspired by a Sunset

As I was driving home from Ranch 99 a couple weeks ago, the sun was setting, and the sky was the most beautiful I've seen it in a while (either that, or I don't get out enough, which is completely true).  It was orange near the horizon, fading to a blue and then to an inky dark navy/purple, and there were wispy clouds scattered throughout the sky.  And that's how this manicure was born.


To achieve this look, I first painted on a coat of Arizona.  Then on top of that, I sponged Natty and Monica. I topcoated each nail immediately in order to smudge the gradient (making it smoother).  After all nails were dry, I took a small section of sponge and dabbed Marshmallow on top.  Poshe on top and ta-da!  Pretty nails.  (I do wish the transition between orange and blue was a little smoother, but hey, what can I do?)

Colors Used:
Zoya Arizona
Zoya Natty
Zoya Monica
Essie Marshmallow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)